The excitement for children to return to school this year will be wonderful for so many students. Drug Mart Pharmacy is giving free school supplies to children from low to moderate-income families.
Dates: Every Wednesday in August (or until supplies last).
There are more than 3600 children in Plainfield alone who live below the federal poverty level. The pandemic and inflation have made financial matters worse for families in the low and moderate income brackets. The entire staff at Drug Mart Pharmacy is committed to helping the community we love. We are excited to assist children who need help getting ready for the next school year.
Here's how the program works:
• The program will run every Wednesday in August from 2 PM to 6 PM (or until supplies last).
• Low and moderate income families qualify. We will not ask for proof of income. It is an honor system.
• If you are able to purchase school supplies for your child, please refrain from getting these supplies.
• The supplies will be available for pickup at Drug Mart Pharmacy in South Plainfield.
• Limits apply on the quantity of supplies allocated per child. See store associate for details.
• Excess supplies will be donated to Clinton Elementary School.
Moderate income is between 80 and 50 percent of the median income. In the greater Plainfield area, this means a household income of less than $50,000 per year.
Yes. The Plainfield Division of Community Relations and Social Service has an annual back to school supplies giveaway at the end of August. Contact Plainfield Action Services at 908-753-3519.
Drug Mart Pharmacy supports non-profit organizations and community events throughout the year. These include Autism Awareness, health fairs, Pride Parade, and Thanksgiving food drive to name a few.